The Associate Director, Data Acquisition and Integrity will work with the Director of Advancement Services to supervise and manage all data acquisition and integrity projects for Advancement for the purpose of maintaining system integrity. This individual serves as the primary program administrator, and assigns multiple data cleanup projects and other efforts related to researching and updating incomplete or missing information on alumni and donors. This position also writes queries to extract data for data-cleansing and enhancement and helps resolve data issues, troubleshoots system problems and assesses priorities.
- For the following external systems, manage full integration process including, data analysis, mapping, data cleansing, manipulation, and uploads: Telemarketing (Ruffalo Noel Levitz, SalesForce (Events Registrations), Peoplesoft (Human Resources & Students), Graduway (Alumni Portal), LiveAlumni (LinkedIn Data). Constantly seek out, contribute, and implement ideas for process improvements, more efficient use of resources and quicker issue-resolution.
- Analyze and manage processes to apply best practices for data updates and cleansing projects. Create and use quality control queries for locating and correcting data inconsistencies.
- Work with Data Coordinators regarding prioritization of data projects and best practices to ensure accuracy and integrity of constituent data.
- Author and maintain written user and system documentation.
- Provide user training as needed for internal staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's degree. Three or more years of experience in networked computer environments; two years experience in a role that has provided user support. A minimum of two years experience with and knowledge of the features and capabilities of an Advancement database software (Raiser’s Edge highly preferred); two years of general office experience; experience with Microsoft Office products, and a minimum of two years experience with data entry procedures. Experience with database programs and Microsoft Office products specifically proficient in Excel essential. Excellent analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal. Strong organization and time management skills, including the ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously while working with minimal guidance. Experience that demonstrates an inquiring mind, attention to detail, accuracy, meeting deadlines, internet research tools and techniques. Demonstrated ability to work in and collaborate effectively in a team structure. Ability to listen actively, effectively convey information, negotiate, identify the nature of problems and bring them to resolve.
Preferred: Three years of experience with features and capabilities of database software, preferably The Raiser's Edge. Five or more years working in a data position within Advancement with extensive Raiser's Edge or a comparable database system and Microsoft Excel experience. Experience with Omatic’s software ImportOmatic functionality and profile creation.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Expected Pay Range: $67,500 - $75,000 per year
The above pay range reflects what Pepperdine University reasonably expects to pay for this position at time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on relevant factors such as work experience, market conditions, education/training, and skill level. In addition to base pay, Pepperdine offers a robust and highly competitive benefits package.