Administrative Assistant, International Studies and Languages
Job no: 501592
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Seaver College, Administrative/Office Support
The Administrative Assistant will assist and support the Divisional Dean as it serves students and faculty; including the oversight of all office, classroom, and facility needs.
- Provide office administration and general clerical duties, including budget and purchasing. Manage the daily office functions, including mail distribution, coordinating meeting logistics, and assisting students, faculty and staff, entering the office.
- Help maintain divisional budgets and provide regular reports. Manage all purchasing and budget-related items, which includes ordering all office supplies, monitoring office spending, process vendor payments, creating and submitting expense reports as needed, and managing the reconciliation of University credit cards.
- Manage language placement tests and the language data-based web management system.
- Act as liaison with specialists from OneStop, International Programs, Academic Advising on behalf of the students.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, lunches, meetings, and events on behalf of the division. Prepare for meetings, including catering and meal requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: At least two years of college or an equivalent professional training program; 1-2 years office experience. Organizational skills - written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including telephone, in-person, and writing. Uphold basic office protocol and practices; detail-oriented; ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to establish work priorities; ability to interact professionally and effectively. Must be detail-oriented and able to bring projects to completion in a timely manner. Familiarity and proficiency with G Suite applications (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, etc.). Familiarity with Microsoft Word, and Excel. Familiarity with data-based web management systems.
Preferred: Background in event coordination or project management, preferably in an academic setting. 3+ years supporting leadership, experience with managing a corporate credit card and account. Ability to operate standard office equipment.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Expected Pay Range: $21.63 - $24.03 per hour
The above pay range reflects what Pepperdine University reasonably expects to pay for this position at time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on relevant factors such as work experience, market conditions, education/training, and skill level. In addition to base pay, Pepperdine offers a robust and highly competitive benefits package.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend