As a Christian University, Pepperdine is committed to serving students with a holistic approach to address their individual needs in a supportive, student-centered environment. The Financial Aid Advisor’s primary responsibility is to promote a student-centered environment by engaging and supporting students with all aspects of the financial aid process at GSEP with care, compassion, and professionalism. This position also provides assistance with federal and institutional aid processing as well as administers key functions to ensure seamless student financial aid services, contributes to effective enrollment management and assures customers' satisfaction.
- Responds to student inquiries and guides them through the financial aid process for the entire student lifecycle. Provides excellent customer service and anticipates the needs of students and work proactively to problem solve and communicate with students, faculty, staff, and outside agencies, as appropriate, to serve students' best interests and resolve issues. Assists with the application follow up, communication processes, and federal and institutional aid packaging.
- Updates information session and new student orientation presentations and participates in the sessions as needed for prospective and current students at all of the GSEP graduate campuses.
- Generates financial aid reports, and manages the financial aid calendar. Assists the Associate Director with system setup, testing, and annual updates, and works to resolve system issues.
- Serves as a liaison with GSEP faculty, staff, University offices, and outside agencies on behalf of students to resolve issues, including financial aid, student accounts, and enrollment eligibility issues.
- Provides general administrative support to the Student Financials team. Participates in professional development and financial aid training workshops, teams, committees, and other group activities, including participation in graduation ceremonies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Upholds University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's degree. A minimum of 2 years of current experience with administering financial aid programs. Strong ability to plan, prioritize, and organize short and long-term tasks. Excellent communication/customer service /interpersonal skills, outgoing, service and detail oriented. Strong organizational skills. Ability to administer individual and group counseling sessions. Ability to work with an adult professional population. Ability to maintain a positive attitude. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, familiarity with imaging processes, web-based systems and applications. Familiarity with ELM, NSLDS, COD. Have a valid California driver license to travel domestically.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Education, Computer Science, Social Science or related field. More than two years of position-related experience. Advanced knowledge of PeopleSoft Student System. Proficiency in ELM, NSLDS, COD, and Etrieve.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Expected Pay Range: $20.67 - $23.31 per hour
The above pay range reflects what Pepperdine University reasonably expects to pay for this position at time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on relevant factors such as work experience, market conditions, education/training, and skill level. In addition to base pay, Pepperdine offers a robust and highly competitive benefits package.