Job no: 501649
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Architecture/Planning/Construction, Skilled Craft/Trade, Planning, Operations & Construction
Under direction of the Director of Real Estate Operations (REO), and in collaboration with the Manager of Real Estate Operations, perform various skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance of residences and buildings throughout on- and off-campus residential facilities during the day shift during days of the week from 8:00 am to 5:00pm. Shall perform work at a skilled level in several trades including carpentry, painting, plumbing, minor electrical, and mechanical, and do related work as required. Collaborate with REO and other University departments to deliver high-quality work and customer service in a timely manner.
- Respond to Real Estate Operations' service requests, assigned work order requests and supervisor's directions to perform troubleshooting, installation, repairs, replacements, and maintenance tasks. Troubleshoot and perform urgent maintenance and repair work utilizing specifications, and verbal instructions. Exercise judgment to escalate maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Inspect buildings, facilities, and equipment to ascertain required repairs and cleaning. Perform routine inspections, cleaning, and preventative maintenance as assigned. Perform work on a ladder, elevated platforms and rooftops. Inspect work site for planned and unplanned work impacting associated trades, facility utilities, stakeholders and events. Adhere to communication protocol, consult with Director or Manager concerning safety issues and potential situations that may cause property damage to our facilities. Provide support to events as needed.
- Handle materials, parts, and equipment, including inventory tracking, record keeping, product research, and supply procurement. Perform all work to be in compliance with plans, specifications, applicable codes, industry standards, best practices, and Pepperdine standards. Identify and address issues in need of attention and generate work orders accordingly. Accurately record and report all work performed indicating the time and materials expended. Perform regular administrative tasks such as maintaining records, processing paperwork, entering data, and monitoring systems. Maintain required trade-specific training and certifications and obtain further training as needed. Coordinate with vendors and contractors as required.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with internal and external project participants to ensure that all parties are well-informed and that work proceeds on schedule with minimal impact to University operations. Maintain tools, equipment, and a clean work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Proof of legal U.S. working status. Graduation from high school or its equivalent. Five (5) years of experience with general building maintenance and repair work. Broad technical knowledge of practices, materials, and techniques in maintaining building systems. Working knowledge of the operation of mechanical equipment and ability to make varied repairs without supervision. The ability to understand plans, design specifications, and manufacturer's instructions and recommendations to ascertain the configuration of relevant equipment and components, ensure their proper installation, and remedy issues. Competency in using tools and operating equipment such as hand and power tools, hoists, hand auger and plumbing snake, and hand-powered tools. Analytical and problem-solving skills to
successfully resolve issues. Basic computer skills and competency with Microsoft Office. Strong English written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Consistently projects a professional demeanor and positive attitude.
Preferred: University experience. Professional certification or license in Electrical, Plumbing or HVAC Training.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Expected Pay Range: $23.80 - $26.44 per hour
The above pay range reflects what Pepperdine University reasonably expects to pay for this position at time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on relevant factors such as work experience, market conditions, education/training, and skill level. In addition to base pay, Pepperdine offers a robust and highly competitive benefits package.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend